Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pumkin eye

We made Cleveland by 9 am, not bad. Bambina slept most of the way.
When she woke up her right eye was swollen and all fat, looking like a
pumpkin. I guess Sophie wanted to throw in an extra reason to make the
trip worthwhile.

I went back with her to the OR and held her while they adMinistered
the sleeping gas, getting a big whiff of it myself. I think they
should knock out the parents along with the babes. Much more humane.

Moving the port should take about 2 hours. Will update when we can.

3 comments:

  1. Think of you often, pray for you always! Glad you made the trip and I agree-they should give the parents a little whiff of gas every now and then, it's only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad sofie's doing well. also glad you caught it in time before it turned into something serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have taken her in if I knew they were letting you "inhale". MIMI

    ReplyDelete