Saturday, September 12, 2009

Graham crackers

The east end food co op is having a challenge this month where participants try to eat one meal a day using locally produced food. Bring queen of local foods (a self styled moniker) I thought,'this will be simple'.

Ha! My first attempt to simplify this challenge occured while staring in my fridge, whose contents were almost nil thanks to vacation and a mishap where the freezer was open for 10 days while we were away. In August.

There went the pork shoulder from Hileman's Hog Farm and the whole pastured chicken from DuBios. Gross.

I digress, the challenge record sheet was pretty empty and I decided one ingredient at least one meal a day was enough. So tonight I realized neither our veggie dogs, baked beans or corn came from close to the burgh.

So I thought Graham crackers, made with local butter would count, no?

Here's the recipe I used. The dough is chilling in the fridge so results will have to wait til tomorrow.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/05/graham-crackers/

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment: