Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Birthday wishes

We are on our way to the hospital, the silver lining of a 215 pm
surgery is we could stay at mom's last night and be in familiar
surroundings where we could be comfortable.

It's funny to still have to study directions to Cleveburgh even tho
we've done this drive many times. Since this will become our weekly
drive it will become rote soon enough.

The hard part to the late start was that the last time the babe could
eat was 6 am. We had to pitch jello as 'breakfast' candy....who really
likes that stuff anyway? Props to Mimi Trudi for waking up so early!

This is too surreal, hard to believe this is the day. A shrink told me
once that fear and excitement elicit the same physiological response,
context makes the difference... I must be as excited as hell. A yoga
teacher told me once that breathe is life, and there is power in the
act of breathing... these are two thoughts are rattling around in my
head.

Today is my birthday. I know u r not supposed to tell your wish, but I
bet yinz can guess what mine is.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers, we'll update later today.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday h-dawg! i wish that you were spending it with jameson's instead of at the hospital! i love all three of you and am thinking of you... please update us as soon as you can! e$

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smile after surgery was the best present you could get! She is still singing Happy Mama

    ReplyDelete