Thursday, September 10, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

My usual routine is to escape the house after dinner for a jog, especially on days I am a stay at home mom. After running my usual circuit which covers part of Swissvale (sketchy) and half Swisshelm Park (ok). I noticed that it was getting dark while in the questionable part of the hood and kicked up the pace towards the pricier real estate. Wanting to get home in time to read Sophie a bed time story, I made it back to the house in time for bedtime.

I was on the front steps stretching and I heard her little voice singing, "Happy birthday to you mamma'....with E leading the sing along. This was so sweet to hear, with my bday coinciding with surgery day.

Another funny thing happened today. We always joke that Sophie is a clone of her dad, they look very similar, and we all know E is a computer guy. I was checking my email and had to fire up the computer, which always attracts the babe cause she hopes to catch a glimpse of Tigger. As I was logging in I hear her say, "control, alt, delete". Wouldn't dad be proud....

oh, and GO STEELERS!

1 comment:

  1. E says you shouldn't run with that bum foot dork

    ReplyDelete