Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A birthday surprise!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I was pretty bummed to be spending it in hospital for the second year in a row. We had no idea what we were in for when we got here this morning...

So imagine my surprise when the doctor told me in the post surgical consult that he was able to remove the nevus and take the expanders out.

I was dumbstruck, and said,'and you installed new ones?'. To which he answered, 'no, they are out.'

I almost jumped accross the table and grabbed his hands and said at least three times, 'you mean it is gone? The whole nevus is gone? And there aren't anymore expanders right now?' He must have thought I was daft!

What a milestone. This wasn't even in the realm of options. We didn't expect to get here until at least early next year. We don't expect any more surgeries for about a year.

This is truly a wonderful surprise. We are staying @ the hospital tonight, and hoping for a speedy recovery, and a trip home tomorrow so we can celebrate.

Honestly, this outcome had to have been influenced by all the prayers, good thoughts, reiki and positive love coming from you all. THANK YOU!

1 comment: