Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cleveland bound

Surgery Monday. The current expander has a hard ridge that is pressing against the expanding edge of her scalp, and that is causing an ulcer (which is almost healed). Unexpectedly, her doc called to say he had found an expander that would give her skin a better chance of expanding without these erosion issues.  I still trust this team, but it would have been nice if this type of expander would have been used in the first place. It was also a hard decision because all they can do is optimize expansion, but nothing can guarantee that either way will give a good result. It should be outpatient, 'no big deal'.

If I wrote anything about my feelings about handing her over to the doctors to operate again, so soon, someone would surely fed ex me a gift certificate for a massage, or a date with a psychologist :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll bring my Tenns Unit (portable electric stim. machine with us! Mom

    ReplyDelete