Friday, March 5, 2010

on a lighter note

Next week is like my own personal 2012. The earth will shake, the great gourd may rain down ashes from the sky, and I'm not sure how it will all work out, but I intend to survive. In addition to Monday's surgery I have a monstrously huge, increadibly public event I am in charge of for work on Thursday.

The fact that I am a working mom and indeed juggling all those things you hear women complain about before you are actually in the situation yourself manifested itself in a hugely amusing way yesterday. I was in the middle of a long list of business calls I had to make while on my 'day off' with Sophie. As I was smooth talking an important person in my industry, Sophie climbs next to me at the dining room table. No biggie, she loves to be close to mom.

She was running around butt nekked because I am ready for her to be potty trained...well, she isn't quite as ready as I. I didn't notice what she was doing until she yelled, "mom, I pooped!" about 8" from me and the open phone line. Ahhhh....how to gloss over that? I apologized for the unprofessional turn the call had taken, got off the phone and proceeded to bleach my antique golden teak chair I had shipped from Thailand. Let's hope teak is as indestructible as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment