Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Woe to the Durable Medical Goods Suppilers

A bit of a rant.

I have called just about every durable medical good supplier in the Pittsburgh area to try to find the goods we need to do the expansion process at home. I am striking out everywhere. When I do seem to find a place, I get a call back hours later that they can't get it. Seems that there are muliple things going on here.
  1. Durable medical goods people it seems don't carry needles. So I think this stalls them.
  2. IV places cannot supply the stuff because they won't be used for an IV.
  3. Home infusion wants to bill for the whole thing, meaning they can't give us the supplies unless we use their services.
  4. Lots of places don't know what the hell we need.
  5. Lots of number re-route to places I have already called. This one I don't get.

I have gotten my hopes up several times only to be struck down because they can't supply it. I may have found a supplier and just faxed off the information, I expect a call shortly to say they can't fill it. In the mean time can anyone tell me where the heck I can get anything in the below list. ugh
  1. .9% Normal Saline injection- 100cc bag
  2. Betadine swabsticks - 1 box
  3. 18 G x 1 1/2 in needles -( kendall monoject-sterile) - 100 needles
  4. #25G x 3/4in (Monojet Angel Wing)- blood collection/infusion set with female luer
  5. 20cc syringes (luer lock syringe with tip cap)
I edited it a bit down, but that is exactly what we need. What a pain in the arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment